Events and Rides
Our weekly ride is Saturday at 7 am starting at the Kona Aquatic Center and going to the entrance of West Hawaii Veterans Cemetary and back, 23 miles. Occasionally other events may coincide with our ride time (like Ironman) so if you are meeting us for the first time, you may want to drop us a note from the Contact Us page.
Here's what's going on in Kona
- Saturday August 3rd, 7am, Regular Ride from the Kona Pool.
- Sunday August 4th, 8:08am Kaloko Drive, Peaman Productions, Pedal Till Ya Puke or Run Till Ya Ralph (6.5 miles), Papa Pea Pedal or Plod (3.5 miles), Mad Dog Mile run/walk. Test yourself on these grueling events. FREE!! No sign up, just sign out when you are done.
- Saturday August 10th, 4pm Bodhi Tree 5k Powered by BioAstin at the Shops at Mauna Lani. $30 Register here!
- Saturday August 10th, 7:30am, Mana Road in Waimea, The Mana 10's presented by Big Island Road Runners. 10 miles or 10k out an back on Mana Road in Waimea up the slopes of Mauna Kea. For more info visit their website. $10, $5 for BIRR members.
- Sunday August 18th, 8:08am Kailua Pier, Peaman Productions, Brown Bear Bash. FREE!! 1/3 mile swim 3.1 mile run/walk. No sign up, just sign out when you are done.
- Saturday August 24th, 5pm Hapuna Westin, Xterra Sunset Trail Run. This is a 3.1 mile loop trail run in conjunction with the Xterra Triathlon. $25 More info and registration here.
- Sunday August 25th, 7:30am Hapuna Westin, Xterra Triathlon. Individual, 2 person and 3 person relay. 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile mountain bike, 3.1 mile trail run. This challenging course is a qualifier for the Xterra World Championships on Maui. Register here!
- Sunday August 25th, 5:30-8:30pm CTR Bowling Night at the Annual VASH "Bowl for Charity" Tournament. KB Xtreme. Six people per lane at $210 ($35/person) includes shoe rentals and three games. Costumes are welcome and encouraged! Put together your team of six and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your team members to register for this event. If you don't have a team of six, let me know you are interested and I will work to put you on a team. All our teams will be in lanes next to each other. Payments must be made in advance. Payments can be made to me through PayPal at or in person with cash or check. I will then mail in our team registrations. Come join the fun and support a great cause! Spouses and significant others are encouraged to join us.
- Sunday September 8th, 8:08am Kailua Pier, Peaman Productions, Peaman International Biathlon. FREE!! 3/4 mile swim 3.9 mile run/walk. No sign up, just sign out when you are done.
- Saturday September 8th, 7am Four Seasons Resort at Hualalai, The 23rd Annual Run for Hope. 10k run and 5 k run/walk along the beautiful manicured resort landscape. The event concludes with refreshments and raffle prizes at the Hoku Amphitheater. Cost to enter is $30.00 in advance and includes a logo t-shirt or $35.00 at the door.
- Saturday September 21st, 7am Wood Valley in Pahala, 6th Annual Kau Coffee Trail Run. 5k/10k/half marathon. d by O Kau Kakou, a
- September 29th, 7am Kailua Pier, Team Mango presents the Pre Ironman Triathlon. 1/2 swim, 15 mile hilly bike, 6 mile hilly run. Team Mango is a gracious CTR sponsor- Show your CTR Discount card for a $20 discount! For more information, visit the Team Mango Website.
Coffee Talk Rider Mid-Week Rides. Tuesdays and Thursdays, leave from the pool at 7am. Tuesday rides usually go North and Thursday rides usually go South to climb the Mamalahoa bypass road. Both rides about 25 miles, but can vary.
Looking for a mid-week swim? Meet at the Kona community parking lot (free parking lot above Banyan Court) at 8am every Monday and Wednesday. People usually swim to the 1.2 mile buoy, but distances can vary.
Big Island Running Company has a Tuesday trot 5k fun Run/walk. Meet at their store at the Coconut Grove Marketplace at 5pm.
Hawaiicyclingclub.com Hawaii Cycling Club puts on local time trials and is a good place for faster riders
Queen K Tri Club a local tri club with a few events every year.
Peaman Productions! Peaman events are free and fun! Truly one of the Kona treasures in the athletic community.
Team Mango Team Mango puts on a number of different events each year which can be pretty competitive
Big Island Mountain Biking A Facebook group connecting off road biking enthusiasts